About Music Mode
Music Mode is a not for profit project that is open to all. We aim to provide a happy and safe environment in which students can learn music skills and get the chance to use them. This will give them a platform to develop social, physical, and communication skills that will be transferable to all walks of life.
Music Mode was formed by a group of graduate teachers in order to improve the service available to schools. We are graduate teachers who love the wonderful process of teaching music.
Some thoughts during the creation of Music Mode are:
- To provide with team building and creative music workshops in deprived areas, SEN children both with learning and emotional needs.
- Soka Education: Soka (Value-creationg education) is a principle first implemented by Tsunesaburo Makiguchi, the father of Soka, in Japan in 1930 with the sole purpose of the sanctity of human life aiming for an education asserted to the student's realisation of happiness, promoting understanding and peace throughout society. Music Mode is not an official Soka Education representative but instead it uses it principles and values as the underlying basis of its ethos.
- To expand music education and art in general regardless of the financial circumstances.
- Many of our tutors/teachers are trained with different teaching methods (eg. Kodali, Montessori, etc) therefore we can provide schools with any specific requirement they might have. Every child is special, therefore every child, class and schools requires a specific approach. We always tailor to the particular needs of the school, activity or individual.
- A Value Creation Education is our common and primary target in Music Mode.
Constant examination does not necessarily mean a better education: While we consantly prepare our students for associated board and similar exams together with music theory - writing and reading, we also emphasise the importance of the creative process and enjoyment through it.
Case studies explain how music as a language plays a vital part of the cognitive, social and emotional integrity of the development of a child and that is our primary target in our lessons. Please read our lesson & workshops objectives to know more.
Music Mode mission is to promote our service so that pupils and adults can enjoy the benefits of learning and interacting through musical ways.
There are many reasons why children should be encouraged to learn a musical instrument. Research has shown that playing an instrument improves performance in all areas of the curriculum and there is no doubt that learning music is a skill for life.
Music can uplift us when we are down and bring calm into our lives at the end of a stressful day.
To engage in music making can be a life changing experience and it enables us to discover our creative powers and inner emotions.